The North-South Corridor (NSC), one of Adelaide’s most important transport corridors, runs through the heart of Adelaide, 78 kilometres in length from Gawler in the north to Old Noarlunga to the south. When complete, the NSC will be Adelaide’s first continuous motorway.
The 10.5-kilometre segment between River Torrens and Darlington, known as Torrens to Darlington (T2D), is the missing link in the NSC program. T2D will be a free-flowing three-lane dual carriageway motorway combining twin TBM tunnels with lowered and surface motorway to minimise property impacts in the central city and enhance connectivity.
The $9.9 billion T2D project is the largest and most complex road infrastructure project to be delivered in South Australia’s history.
MBB Group have been appointed by the State to provide Transaction Advisory Services for the project. In this role we support the Department for Infrastructure & Transport in developing the Delivery Strategy, preparing for and managing the transactions, and providing commercial, financial and technical advice.
During the initial phase of the project lifecycle and our engagement, some key achievements to date have included:
- Establishing transaction governance both within the Project and across the wider Department and agency stakeholders;
- Developing a robust project Delivery Strategy that considers packaging, risk allocation, whole-of-life operations, supply chain, market capacity, attractiveness and constructability;
- Validating the Delivery Strategy through market engagement processes with Contractors, Operators & Maintainers and the wider Supply Chain; and
- Preparing the transactions for market, including development of tender, commercial and technical documentation.
- Delivery Strategy
- Financial & Commercial Advisory
- Market Interactive Processes
- Transaction Leadership
- Transaction Readiness
- Transaction Management